Hi there,

I just used a tool (VirtualDub) to transcode/encode the .avi footage I recorded using my Gmini camcorder, yet the resulting .avi file (which I placed on my blog) apparently requires another codec in order to play.  I'm guessing the codec it wants is Divx, since I'm fairly certain the tool I'm using uses it.

So my question is: Is Divx ubiquitous enough for it to make sense for me to use when transcoding/encoding my video?  Or would it make more sense for me to use another codec?  My aim is for Windows users to be able to view the video right in their IE browsers, using whatever Windows software came pre-installed on their PCs.

Thanks,
Harold