Bev, I think most peeps can't keep up with the volume on this list, I know I many days just don't read anything on here. And re the tech stuff, I'd bet most on here, as I am too, are wondering what the extent of this particular Microsoft issue.

Lists such as these are about respect. If someone disses the list or individuals on the list it simply wrong. My statement is not aimed at anyone in particular, dissing simply happens on occasion for whatever reason and it should be corrected. And my definition of diss extends beyond simple rudeness, there are other ways to disrespect the membership.

On Apr 16, 2006, at 12:45 PM, BevSykes wrote:

>>I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a "tough shit".

It's assumed that if one joins this list, then one reads the posts
here. If you arent reading the posts, then why join the group?<<
OK...I'll address this issue.  I was told that this is a group for all levels of videobloggers, from rank beginners to experts, that people would answer questions and never put anybody down for asking a stupid question.  I have found this generally to be true.  I would not know 1/10th of what I know now without FreeVlog, for example.  HOWEVER, someone coming into this group as a rank beginner would very quickly be totally overwhelmed with all the technospeak from the experts, to say nothing of the volume of e-mail.

I don't have a clue about the technical aspects of videoblogging and posting.  I think that, as a senior citizen, I'm doing well to (a) make a video, (b) compress it, (c) post it, and (d) imbed it into my journal page and cross post to Blogger.  At the moment, my miniDV is broken and I have no money to buy a new camera--and no hope of having enough money for a new purchase in the foreseeable future, so I'm filming with my Panasonic Digital camera, converting .mov files to .avi if I want to edit a movie, and then converting back to .mov (I was rather proud of myself for figuring out how to do that).

But quite frankly I am totally lost in most of the discussions here.  Still, I do pick up gems of information from time to time and  so I stay on the list, but I either skip over 90% of the discussions or set my filter to send them to an "ignore" file because I don't understand what people are talking about (Veoh transcoding feeds, for example) and, what with bottle feeding puppies and doing medical transcription, don't have the time to figure it out--especially when I don't have the money to get the equipment that will allow me to do it anyway.

So that's why I stick with the group, but don't read most of the posts anyway.

--
Bev
Blog:  http://funnytheblog.blogspot.com/

Fireant
Individual
Use

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

 Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.