Hi,

Well, generally speaking both work well on the web as embedded video in a page.
The FLV format and codecs have gotten really great in the past year so its possible to have excellent flash video quality.  And, most to all people will have no problem viewing an FLV on the web.  In most cases, to get the best result with Flash Video, you should prob be doing the transcoding yourself, tinkering with settings.  Online services that transcode to FLV for you vary in quality and is dependent on the original video file uploaded.

Do you care about getting your video onto portable devices like Apple video iPod and PSP?  If so, you will need to output using mpeg4 codecs (Quicktime compatible media).

Quicktime has always been my preference for video playback.  I've been using it for years and most vloggers are also output QT video.  If you dont want to bother with flash, then focus on Quicktime compatible formats.

I also encourage people to experiment with DivX, an excellent technology for vloggers to harness.

I stay clear of Microsoft Windows Media, however.

sull