I use a Nokia cell phone (6682) with Cingular, and post to TypePad via LifeBlog, mainly because I haven't set up my email gateway on my phone and therefore can't actually send email with it (lame excuse, I know; I had to return my first phone because I couldn't do any media on it, which really sucked).

The Nokia has a program for video editing which does really basic stuff-- fade outs, cutting, splicing, and voiceovers. So, for instance, I can go on a weekend vacation without my laptop, shoot something cool, edit it, and post it to the moblog.

LifeBlog is basically a blog client for cell phones. You don't have to post a picture with it, and even though it has built-in TypePad support, other developers could use the API if they wanted to.

I suspect that most people will be familiar enough with the email or MMS gateway on their phones that it will end up being the more common way to post to a mobile blog. I like LifeBlog, but it's more overhead than you really need (another interface to learn, for example).

--Stephanie