You are correct, Dawn.
YouTube has a "no download" policy.
You can embed the videos in a webpage (as long as they are served from YouTube's servers), but YouTube does not want to allow the videos to be downloaded and played from a location other than their own servers.

There are known work-arounds, but they are rather hack-ish (I'm the author of one of these work-arounds, so its most definitely hack-ish).

-josh