Speakeasy does not block ports...
http://www.speakeasy.net/home/

I used to have 2 static IPs from them.  One IP was used by my personal
firewall and blocked all incoming traffic (unless requested
internally).  The other IP was a Debian Linux host running Apache,
MySQL and PHP.

Ultimately, I realized that it was much easier to pay Dreamhost
$8/month to for 1 terabyte of bandwidth.  Log monitoring in the bash
shell will make your eyes bleed.

Speaking of Speakeasy, this is probably the sweetest bandwidth tester
I've ever seen...

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

-Matt

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Iliya Krempeaux"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>
> (I might have misread what you wrote, but....)
>
> While I agree with your assessment that Microsoft Windows is one big
> security risk, and that using it means that one should block all
incoming
> ports just to be a bit safer... I do NOT agree that this should be
done in
> general.
>
> One of the things I've hatted the most, about today's ISP's, is that
they do
> NOT allow you to become true node on the Internet.  Being a true
node on the
> Internet implies you can be both client and server.  Which means
that you
> need to allow incoming ports.
>

> My 2cents :-)
>

> See ya
>
> On 5/12/06, LeanBackVids.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > My only point is that most Internet users should be disallowing
> > incoming traffic on all ports.  As soon as you open port 80 (http) on
> > a machine, it creates a point of entry for a hacker.
> >
> > The problem is compounded by opening ports on a personal machine,
> > which most likely contains sensative data.
> >
> > On a side note... If you are a Windows user, I highly recommend these
> > two free applications to improve your security...
> >
> > AdAware (removes spyware)
> > http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
> >
> > AVG (anti-virus... DONT PAY FOR NORTON)
> > http://free.grisoft.com/
> >
> > And of course, use Firefox and consider switching to a Mac. :)
> >
> > -Matt
> > -----------------------
> > http://vlogmap.org
> > http://ridertech.com
> > http://leanbackvids.com
> >

> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "cooper3acd" <robertecooper@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Matt,
> > >
> > > Thanks I will let you know.
> > >
> > > Also, I think you'd be surprised at the depth and security within
> > > the technology. We had 2+ years in the p2p photo sharing space
> > > before making the move to video and with over 100,000 downloads have
> > > never had a reported security issue.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Rob
> > >
> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com"

> [...]