I have all sorts of incoming ports open to my network.

My ISP at least is pretty good about that.  The downside of course is that in addition to the NATing and Firewalling done on my router, I've got to keep good software firewalls on all the PCs at all times ... a small price to pay I guess.

On 5/12/06, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> One of the things I've hatted the most, about today's ISP's, is that
> they do
> NOT allow you to become true node on the Internet.  Being a true node on
> the
> Internet implies you can be both client and server.  Which means that you
> need to allow incoming ports.

My cable company sucks of course, but for my home server I can use http
as long as I don't try to use it on port 80, and https (port 443) and
ssh (port 23) That covers my needs...

Is this a true node?

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...

You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM

http://www.DavidMeade.com
feed:   http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed