Directly from Apple's website... "If you use QuickTime and have
experienced the dialog referenced above while attempting to watch
QuickTime movies with the updated Internet Explorer for Windows, you
may consider trying an alternative web browser."

Awesome they recommend a different browser, but it goes on to provide
a Javascrip hack for IE...
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/embed.html

Personally, I'm not a big fan of bloating my page code just to get
around a stupid IE "feature".  I can't believe Microsloth did this
anyways. The same thing happens with embedded Flash - it takes a click
just to "activate" the Flash SWF file.  That is lame.

All this reminds me of the old-school IE4 vs. Netscape4 hacks.

-Matt

Fireant Individual Use
Explains