Personally, I'm thrilled by BP's newfound religion.  I mean, some will say that they still operate polluting businesses (from petrochemicals on through).  That's true.  But they've also acknowledged the existence of global warming and are pouring resources into sustainable and relatively green energy projects.

The commercials are doubly good.  They remind people of their environmental impact and they help demonstrate that a major company can make a switch like this and profit from it (from good PR, et cetera).