On 5/15/06, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No matter how far they go, cynics can always complain that they should have gone further. Considering how hard it is to change the culture of a Fortune 500 company, and also considering that the leadership is legally bound to increase profits for the stockholders (criticizing corporate structure is a different discussion!), and considering that there are plenty of oil companies that are still doing things the old way, I'm very impressed by what BP is doing.

I don't know much about what BP in particular is doing or not doing. The thing is these kinds of campaigns are usually used the way the tobacco industry uses them, i.e., "A tobacco company once gave $125,000 worth of food to a charity, according to an estimate by The Wall Street Journal. Then they spent well over $21 million telling people about it." - from thetruth.com

-Verdi

--
Author of the book Secrets Of Videoblogging
Me --> http://michaelverdi.com