On Tue, 16 May 2006 04:14:35 +0200, Paul Knight
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> in understanding art one must see the video for what it really
> is, one a wake up call, two a state of play as what the world outside
> of the United States regards all Americans as.  I am still wondering
> if there are a few of you that still think it was a personal attack
> on the people of America, hell no Bro, this is how you are perceived
> around the world, it just took someone the whole of Saturday to come
> up with it.  But from the responses I have got from people this side
> of the Atlantic and beyond to this video, it is the truth.

While you're busy speaking for me and all other people outside the USA...
Please stop that. This European-born white male thinks that your video was:

  - An untrue, unfair broad generalization
  - A mistake where you make an attack on the American population when your
problem is with the American government (a common mistake, but sad none
the less). Those of us who have been fortunate enough to visit the US on
one or more occasions know that not every American hates the French and
drives around with a shotgun in the backseat (although I've met one of
those).

So please stop pretending that what you're saying is true, and stop
pretending that you're speaking for the world when you're only speaking
for the prejudice of Paul Knight and Paul Reynolds. Criticise the American
government if you disagree with it - I disagree with most of its policies,
and I'm not afraid to say so - but don't equate criticism of the
government with criticism of the population.

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains