On 5/19/06, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I do NOT want to see a Tiered Internet.  However, I must keep my morals.  And given I believe that forcibly taking away someone else's freedom is morally wrong.  Then I must also believe that regulating the Internet (even to prevent a Tiered Internet) is morally wrong too.

I would argue that you are leaving out a key point .... forcibly taking away someones rights is a VERY different thing from from making a law that prevents that someone from infringing on an others rights.

Is it wrong to make a law that prevents discrimination against a group of people just because that law would remove the right to have a discriminatory school or business?

Making a law that takes away the right to act in a way that violates someone elses right ... isn't an immoral regulation.  And I'd argue its not taking away a right at all ... its protecting one.

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com
feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed

Fireant Individual Typepad