--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Olsen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...snip....

> I don't think there's any question Flash has a bigger installed user
> base than any other video format. That's why YouTube, video ads, etc.
> are using it. That's why, after many thousands of visits, I've never
> had a single person say "your video won't load" unless I did something
> wrong. :-)

That's because you are referring to Flash 7 (MX).  The current
version, which has not been adopted by YouTube, Google, etc. is Flash
8.  It has outstanding quality for streaming at a bitrate that does
not need  buffering on a medium broadband line. But it needs a browser
plugin in order to play.  It can be very scary for people who are not
computer literate to install this plugin on Windows IE which is still
the most popular browser configuration.

I have been using Flash 8 through the On2 Flix Pro encoder with great
results on my end but the user experience has been dreadful.

Finally, On2 Technologies helped me with this problem and came out
with a detecter/updater site that actually works.  You are welcome to
use and link to http://on2.com/flashtest/

Now Adobe is making noises about coming out with Flash 9 quite soon.
Flash 8 was only released in September, 2005.  It is very discouraging
unless they come out with a very simple way of upgrading.

Stan Hirson

http://hestablog.com
http://hestakaup.com

Fireant Individual Typepad