Michael Verdi wrote:
> I wanted to keep this conversation going - been thinking about it for a
> while now.
>
> Looking for help thinking through this...
>
> So if I release work under creative commons share alike - people are
> free to
> use my work commercially only when they use the work in it's unaltered
> entirety, for example, a compilation DVD or revlog on a site with
> advertising.

I think you would need a NoDerivs if you do not want the original
altered in any way...

As for a DVD, if you wanted to stretch it a bit, you could probably sell
a DVD full of videoblogs, I wonder if CC is similar to open-source in
that you would sell the *physical media* of the DVD, but make it clear
that the material on it is available for free. People/companies have
been selling 'discs' with open-source software for years. The Mozilla
org even encourages people to do that. Otherwise you could offer a DVD
for free, but ask for a *donation* of some specified amount to cover the
costs of producing/shipping it. Just some thoughts...

Of course you might find a number of videobloggers who would disagree
with such practices...

Thoughts?

Pete

--