I am sure -- tax write-offs (in the U.S.) are only for donations to
501(c)(3) organizations. I'm sure Human Dog isn't one of those.... so
what we are all doing (legally) is giving Chris (or whoever's next) a
GIFT. It's a gift, no string attached, you know, like the kind your
Grandma gave you for your birthday. That way, Chris doesn't have to pay
income tax on this money.... (yes, right, we don't want him to have to
use some of this to pay taxes on this...)

I do love this project! Wow. Yes, a grant flipped inside out. Instead
someone with a lot of money looking for good ideas, it's someones with
a lot of good ideas, looking for money! Excellent...

jen

jenSimmons
http://www.jensimmons.com
On May 25, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

>  i think you can only write-off donations to offical non-profits...but
>  im not sure.

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains