I just posted a comment on that post.

"That's  one of the problems with the YouTube site, their terms and
conditions.  Looking at it from a Creative Commons/Remix Culture point
of view, it stinks!

Other sites allow you to post videos with whatever license you want.
These other sites PROMOTE remixing and RESUSE.  Not YouTube.  Not even
if you post a CC licensed work, they then want to restrict a viewers
use?  It doesn't seem right.

I've emailed them twice about these issues and haven't ever heard back.

I guess their Terms of Service state pretty clearly what their
intentions are, combined with how hard htey make it for people to grab
theg videos off the site."

On May 26, 2006, at 2:55 PM, LeanBackVids.com wrote:

> This article from O'Reilly's MacDevCenter.com explains how to copy
> videos from YouTube.  Technically, it is really just searching your
> computer for the cached file, then copying that from the /tmp folder
> to your desktop.
>
> More info...
> http://tinyurl.com/gogn7
>
> -Matt