Hi Matt,

From what I recall, RoR is already installed in the Dreamhost
environment. You can simply login and create a Rails app from the
command line. If you're running OSX, I recommend downloading
Locomotive (http://locomotive.raaum.org/) and trying RoR out. If you
need a couple of kick-starters (app wise), feel free to email me off
list.

Best,

Josh

On May 29, 2006, at 12:01 PM, videoblogging@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>    From: "LeanBackVids.com" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     Date: Mon May 29, 2006 11:09am(PDT)
> Subject: Re: Learning Ruby on Rails (was Could this be the
> influence...)
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.typosphere.org/
>>

> Thanks for posting this Markus!  I've been itching to learn more about
> Ruby on Rails but haven't had the time to install it on Dreamhost.
>
> Any tips on making the learning process easier?  There are numerous
> howtos out there (approx. 1 each day on Digg), but most are for people
> who already have RoR experience.  I started to go through the tutorial
> on Dreamhost's wiki, but it "assumes you know how rails apps work and
> just need to get one working on your Dreamhost account."
>
> http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Rails
>
> Maybe I just need to put some more effort into it, but it is more my
> style to get the app running w/ some sample code and let the hacking
> begin from there.
>
> Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Matt
> http://vlogmap.org

Fireant Individual Typepad
Use Explains