Hi Tiffiniy,

It would be great to have something like this so your average Wordpress user doesn't have to hack on their templates so much.

For example, to make 2 different feeds, one for QT and one for WMV, I had to install this get_custom plugin (http://www.coffee2code.com/wp-plugins/#getcustom) and use it in each feed to get the enclosure values "quicktime" and "windows" from a custom field in the post.  It shouldn't be that hard.

A big round WP Video plugin would be very welcome I think.  You could even integrate some of the features of the plugins Josh mentioned earlier.

>From the wiki, it looks like the only thing I would add would be the option of making different feeds for different formats, as mentioned above.  Lots of people need that, and with no absolute web video codec being decided upon in the near future, I think it's a useful addition.

Good stuff, good work, thanks for taking this on.

--
Adam Quirk
thepan.org

On 5/31/06, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/31/06, cooperwef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is Tiffiniy from PCF; we have been developing the Democracy Internet TV platform.
>
> Things have been going well in the internet TV world, but we think simple blogging tools
> with video are still scarce. We've been trying to figure out a simple way to let people make
> video RSS feeds and channels using their blogging software and we wanted to know what
> people were actually interested in when making sharable video channels. We have been
> thinking that the simplest way to do something like this is to make a Wordpress plugin for
> publishing videos to a video RSS feed. Is this the right thinking on this?
>
> Basically, people could install the plugin and whenever a video link is added, either as an
> enclosure or a direct link, the plugin will scrape the enclosure or link and add it to a feed
> with associated metadata, description, and thumbnail. Publishers can then go in and add
> information about their video channel -- like a description, channel thumbnail, etc.
> (Wordpress already does something like this, but doesn't give you a separate video
> channel).
>
> Is this something that would be useful to you? Is there a way we could do this better? We
> really want to make something that is useful to people and their blogging needs, so any
> comments would be extremely informative. If you've got ideas of your own, please share
> them.
>
> If you would like to read about the specific features for the plugin, you can go here:
> https://develop.participatoryculture.org/projects/democracy/wiki/WordpressPlugin
>
> The page above is a wiki, so please feel free to add comments directly to the wiki and it
> would be great to have a conversation via email also.
>
> Hope to hear from any and all of you.
>
> --
>
> Tiffiniy
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]