A talent agency creates a show around a bad actress, fools a community into
thinking it is an actual girl at home in her room, builds trust among her
viewers, then pulls the rug out.  Haha!! Gotcha!!

Man on web video discussion group points out certain negative aspects of
said ruse.

Who is the jerk?

On 9/8/06, Casey McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Wow, Adam, you're being a real jerk about this. Don't you realize
> that behind this persona probably lies a really nice girl? Hell,
> perhaps even beyond your current jerky persona there also lies a
> really nice guy... I hope I get to meet him someday.
>

> Casey
>
> ---
> Casey McKinnon
> Producer, Galacticast
> http://www.galacticast.com/

> "Adam Quirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > A talent agency made this? That seems ironic, with "talent" being
> implied.
> >
> > "To enhance the community experience of Lonelygirl15, which you have
> already
> > helped to create, we are in the process of building a website centered
> > around video and interactivity. This website will allow everyone to
> enjoy
> > the full potential of this new medium. Unfortunately, we aren't
> programmers.
> > We are filmmakers. We are working furiously to complete the website, and
> > hope to have it up and running shortly."
> >

> > Hooray! Interactivity is a main goal for me too! The new design
> will be
> > much more product reliability based, with an edge for consumer
> content and
> > industry news and analysis. I wonder how that plays out in this
> quarter?
> >
> > Is it just me, or are all of our bullshit detectors getting really
> really
> > good these days?
> >
> > On 9/8/06, Steve Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's the most recent update on lonelygirl15
> > >
> > > http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2006/09/07/lonelygirl15.html

> profile/vlog is

> real. The
> comedic

> adorable.

> first 2

> > > --
> > > Steve Garfield
> > > http://SteveGarfield.com
> > >
> > > Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
> > > http://www.PodCamp.org
> > >
> > > Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
> > > http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
> > >

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional