I really wanted to like the Zune, i really did....but for the life of
me I can't and I don't know why MS would put out something as half
baked as this....no jokes from Mac lovers please......I really
thought this was going to be a viable alternitive to the Ipod and
work with all the other PC stuff I have WMP, my walmart tunes
etc.....but instead we got a even more closed system and a new
interface that won't work with the "other" MS stuff out there! it
just doesn't make sense, then to top it off they give a cut of their
player to Universal because Universal thinks we are thieves......

2 months ago I would have been first in line, now.....I'll spend the
extra money on a new Archos.....stupid microsoft.....man they had a
chance, they really did, if they would wise up and add support for
the current stuff I had and make it work with the other services as
well (except Ipod because let's face it, I stand a better chance of
getting paid to vlog than we do of Jobs opening up the Ipod platform
to play with others)  I would get one then....

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, sull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://spicygadgetroll.blogspot.com/2006/11/cnnzuneno-love-can-i-
show-you-my-new.html

> On 11/15/06, WWWhatsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > I liked the idea of being able to zap vids to other people til I
> > read this:
> >
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/09/technology/09pogue.html?
pagewanted=2

> > You can play a transmitted song only three times, all within three
> > days. After that, it expires. You're left with only a text tag
that
> > shows up on your PC so that — how convenient! — you can buy the
song
> > from Microsoft's store.
> >
> > This copy protection is as strict as a 19th-century schoolmarm.
Just
> > playing half the song (or one minute, whichever comes first)
counts as
> > one "play." You can never resend a song to the same friend. A
beamed
> > song can't be passed along to a third person, either.
> >
> > What's really nuts is that the restrictions even stomp on your own
> > musical creations. Microsoft's literature suggests that if you
have a
> > struggling rock band, you could "put your demo recordings on your
Zune"