Hello Rick,

On 11/15/06, Rick Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Is there an open source/free type blogging software package that works
> with Coldfusion or ASP.net systems and has similar functionality as
> wordpress? This would include posting security functions.

Not that it doesn't necessarily exist... but... you are more likely to find
Free and open source software in languages that have Free and open source
implementations.

That's part of the reason why there's so much Free and open source web
applications, like blogging software, written in PHP.  That's because the
PHP software is Free and open source. And runs on other Free and open source
software, like Apache and Linux.  Same with Python and Perl.

ASP.net is being implemented by the Mono Project <
http://www.mono-project.com/>, but last I heard Mono's Free and open source
implementation of ASP.net was "release ready".  So, without that... you're
probably not going to see very much Free and open source web applications
written in ASP.net (as compared to say PHP).

I don't think there's are any (active) attempts at implementing and Free and
open source version of ColdFusion, so... it's even worse than with ASP.net.

However, that does NOT mean none exists.

Here's some open source ColdFusion software...

http://cfopen.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=87

And look around here for some open source ASP.net software...

http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Project_Hosting

Also.... Do a search (using your favorite search engine) and you'll probably
come up with more stuff.  (Look for "coldfusion opensource" or "asp
opensource" etc.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.