Id like to see an example of any post by anybody here that has ever
suggested that you are only a videoblogger if you are in this yahoo
group. Whether you have ever read or posted to this group has
absolutely nothing to do with whether the videoblogger label is deemed
to fit you or not. And I cant actually recall people on this list
suggesting otherwise, at any time. I think its a myth that there are
really any people who take this group so seriously as to think it is a
factor in the wider scheme of things.

Sure internet groups may attact the attention of people who are
hypersensitive about the possibility of 'insider groups', 'cliquey
cool gangs', 'gaurdians of the guild', forming and claiming somethign
as their own, but I really dont think it much of an issue in reality.
Now if groups such as this have the ears of those who put on awards
shows, design products, blog about things, provide video services on
the net, etc etc, then of course the opinions of a few can have undue
influence. But in the grand scheme of things I like to think that any
distoritons like that are soon corrected, by the sheer force of the
numbers of people out there in the wider reality, actually using the
stuff (or not), far beyond the bubble here.

Steve Elbows