Hey Richard,
It looks like the server is not returning the correct mime type for mp4
files. You can try adding a line to your .htaccess file to change that.
Since anything with a "." at the beginning of the file name is invisible on
a mac you'll have to duplicate the file on your server, remove the period
and then download the file. Open it in a text editor, add this line,
"AddType video/mp4 .mp4" (without the quotes), save the file, upload it,
delete the .htaccess file and then rename the new htaccess file to
.htaccess.
If for some reason that doesn't work you might have to try "AddType
video/x-mp4 .mp4"
I'm not 100% sure about that. Anyone know any better?

Also, Apple recently changed something about what files will play on iPods
(again) and there is a "optimize for..." dropdown in the mp4 compression
panel that need to be set to "streaming" now in order to be compatible with
an iPod. I have it documented on the Alive in Baghdad wiki (haven't done it
for Freevlog yet). You can find that at:
http://aliveinbaghdad.pbwiki.com/AIB%20episode%20format#4iPodCompression

Let us all know if this works or not - this is always a pain in the butt
problem.

-Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com