Are you sure that you are shooting in Widescreen format? I shoot in
widescreen 99% of the time and have never had a problem with Premiere
Elements 3 or Final Cut Express.

If you are sure you are shooting in widescreen, try right clicking on
the file in the Available Media and select "Interpret Footage". That
should do it.

David
http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Nox Dineen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 followed by QuickTime Pro (and
sometimes a
> freeware converter called Super to make videos for MP3/iPod
players). I just
> switched to shooting in widescreen, and had some trouble getting
Elements to