On 11/26/06, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   There's also alot of things Anthropologists wouldn't dare "say"
> because of the political ramifications. (For example, Anthropologists
> wouldn't dare use the word "species" in describing different people.

That's because it would be a wildly inaccurate application of the scientific
term "species. Or at least, that's what I learned while obtaining a degree
in anthropology with a minor in biology (human genetics). I'll probably
start using it during my PhD work next year, though, since I'm specialing in
cyborg anthropology, and with cybernetics and such you really *are* starting
to move into what could be argued is a leap in species.

>   Also, wouldn't dare push the point that certain langauges developed
> from Creole languages in certain parts of the world... because that
> implies a mixing of different people in the past. Etc etc.)

Care to cite some sources? Every linguistic anthropology class I've ever
taken (and my brother's entire study of Near and Middle Eastern history (he
specialized in linguistics). Linguistic anthropologists *love* talking about
pidgeon and creole as ways to study migration and intermixing of cultures.

No offence, but I'd definitely like to see the sources you're basing your
comments on.

Nox

--
Vox Noxi (blog) -- noxdineen.vox.com