From: Melnitz Movies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 29, 2006 2:17 PM
Subject: [melnitz] 49 UP @ Melnitz Movies w/ Michael Apted - TOMORROW!
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

49 UP

Thursday, November 30 at 7:30pm
* Q & A with director Michael Apted (THE UP SERIES, THE WORLD IS NOT
ENOUGH, GORILLAS IN THE MIST, COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER, NELL) to follow
screening

49 UP is the seventh in a series of landmark documentaries inspired by the
Jesuit maxim "Give me the child until he is seven and I will give you the
man."

It all started when UK based WORLD IN ACTION interviewed a diverse group
of seven-year-old children, asking them about their lives and their dreams
for the future. Michael Apted has returned to interview the "children"
every seven years since, at ages 14, 21, 28, 35, 42 and now again at age
49.

"The UP Series is on my list of the ten greatest films of all time!"
- Roger Ebert

"49 UP is a precious document, and must viewing. Grade: A." –
Entertainment Weekly

View Website and Trailer:
http://firstrunfeatures.com/49up_home.html

* Movies are shown at the James Bridges Theatre (Melnitz 1409) at UCLA.
* All movies are FREE to UCLA students, staff, and faculty as well as to
the general community UNLESS otherwise noted.
* Melnitz Movies is funded through the UCLA Graduate Student Association
and the ASUCLA Student Interaction Fund.
* Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis (ONE ticket
per person) at the Melnitz box office the day of the screening, one hour
before showtime.

MELNITZ MOVIES

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional