hey guys, this is from someone who went to columbia jschool a few years
before me

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Trisha Creekmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Columbia J-school New Media Program: http://newmedia.jrn.columbia.edu *
http://www.nyc24.org
-------

---
Hi everyone,

We recently debuted an interactive video experience that we're very proud
of. Discovery Channel was on Everest in May and captured some amazing
footage by attaching cameras to Sherpas' helmets. Very little video has ever
been captured above Camp 4 due to temperature, weight and human
incapacitation. So this stuff is pretty unique.

The interactive allows you to see all video shot between Camp 4 to the
summit and back. Three Sherpas had cameras and all feeds are aligned by
time.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/everestbeyond/sherpacam/sherpacam.html

Our tech people couldn't find anyone to help them develop it, so we're
pretty sure it's fairly innovative. There is currently about 36 hours of
video streaming through the application. After we add Day 2, there will be
nearly 60 hours.

Would love to hear what you think!

Trisha Creekmore J'95

Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
cash from MSN today!
http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us

---
You are currently subscribed to the Columbia University Graduate School of
Journalism new-media-alumni list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://geekentertainment.tv