I posted the video and links to your site on my vlog this morning. I
didn't want to blather on about it, I really want people to see what
happened to you without me editorializing about it.

It is that kind of video, it doesn't need a set up. Only a fool would
argue that what we see didn't happen.

I'm far from NY and I have been telling non-vlogging folks verbally
about what happened to you. They nod their heads but I don't think it
is real to them unless they see it.

I'm more saddened that there is not an outrage or major stink about
this criminal act by the police. Now, granted after what they have
done in the past six months this may seem like small potatoes but
still have the local papers spilled any ink about this?

Gena

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "~ FluxRostrum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You were darned deep in the fray, dude.
>
> Talk about that, will you?
>
> Curious how you felt about your physical position.
>
> Jan
>
> I am somewhat accostumed to being deep in the fray, but it wasn't so
deep when I entered.

> It got a little tense and I wanted to leave.
>
> I was waiting my turn to exit when things got tight... was about to
head for the exit again when I saw the cop extend his baton at the
cuffed person.. so I felt obligated to stay but that's when they asked
me to leave, I said I was press, they said I needed to leave anyway, I
agreed and started out the hole.

> I've noticed an oddity in the way many people have reposted this.
Most just put a headline and a link, including people I have had a
great deal of on-line & real life contact with... nobody seems to want
to say anything about it.  ... seems odd that people who have asked me
to give video activism workshops at national convergences would remain
so silent.

> I inquired many people about whether or not I should make this video
and everyone said it was important to not let them get away with their
smashing/stealing camera activites this time, since there was so much
evidence of their actions.  This is not an isolated incident.  It's a
violation of rights of Journalists.  It is a violation of rights any
citizen with a camera.. journalist or not.

> solidarity
> ~FluxRostrum
>
> video
> http://fluxrostrum.blogspot.com/2006/11/war-on-journalism.html
>
> more story
> http://iwitnessvideo.info/blog/4.html
>

> On 12/13/06, ~ FluxRostrum <FluxRostrum@> wrote:
> >
> > Re: I was Attacked by NYPD ~ Wanna Watch?
> > http://fluxrostrum.blogspot.com/2006/11/war-on-journalism.html
> >
> > I can vouch for this (unfortunately).
> >
> > I suppose the most effective methods call the least attention to
> > themselves,
> > as they're the least likely to result in illegally seized footage.
Anybody
> > know of a good resource/guide for filming police or protests?
> >
> > Video Activist Network ~ http://www.videoactivism.org/
> > A Guide to Videotaping Police ~
> > http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2002/09/23193.shtml
> > Witness ~ http://www.witness.org/
> > Cop Watch 101 ~ http://www.fluxview.com/library/how-to/Copwatch101.PDF
> > Cop Watch Video ~
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2298191316209203092

> > Messages in this topic (5)
> >
> > Solidarity,
> > ~FluxRostrum
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > N.O. TV
> > http://NOTVcollective.org
> >
> > VLOG~FLUX
> > http://FluxRostrum.BlogSpot.com
> > ~~~
> > Syndicate Flux
> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/VLOGFLUX
> > ~~~
> > Old School
> > http://Fluxview.com
> > ~~~
> > NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National
Security Agency