--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, David Tames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering what's the consensus on the best way to provide site
> visitors with a choice of QuickTime or Flash movies? Two play
> buttons? Keeping track of preferences that the user can set? I'm not
> asking for a technical how-to here, this is more of a strategic
> question.
>
> David.
>
> David Tames, Filmmaker & Media Technologist
> http://kino-eye.com | 617.216.1096

I've found that flash is much more likely to play on any computer than
quicktime is.
Assuming the same visual quality, I'd say go with flash as your main video and
quicktime
as a secondary offering.  If the quicktime looks better, then some kind of way
to offer a
choice to the viewer might be the way to go.  If most of your viewers are on
windows
machines, you might need to offer windows media as a third option.

Bill C.
http://ems.blip.tv