LOL, Well put Verdi.

It's definitely a huge improvement. Atleast they've learned something
from the success of youtube.

It's atleast a video in a page, witha bookmarkable and referenceable
url, not a popout window, or some monolithic "rich media interface"

And they've used flash, which improves the experience.

Also, the video itself is pretty cool.  Just a guy talking to another guy.

Lost is any subscription mechanism... anyway, to say, "heh this is
cool I'd like to be notified about future pieces like this"... wait I
retract that they have an RSS feed of some sort

They also have a mechanism for bookmarking the video on NYtimes... so
you can find it again, that's cool.

Searchability and findability is greatly improved by the fact that it
is embeded in a page and their is atleast some accompanying meta
information.

Just about the only things I see are

1) they're missing is a downloadable, podcastable version of the
video. That's not actually that bad.

2) their RSS feeds are contain no enclosures, extremely sparse textual
discriptions of the videos, and no media RSS... pretty much not so
useful.

3) they fail to acknowlege or encourage embedding their videos in a
blog or linking to them directly.

Anyway, it's not great, but it's a thousand fold improvement from
recent history.

All in all... it's not something I'd ever bother to watch though.

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog
mefeedia.com