All your plays are recorded over on blip so that no matter where your
video is sitting, the playing of it gets counted.

Brightcove also has embedded players that track plays...

If you want your website to get hits, you need to have the viewer
visit the site...

I think that the days of counting website hits is going away, and the
future lies in counting the number of times the media is watched no
matter where it sits.

Also, I'm hoping that we get beyond CMP or cost per 1,000
impressions, and are able to move toward the value of sponsorship for
a targeted audience.

That's where the real advertiser value is in web video vs. blasting
out an ad to thousands of people who don't care to see it.

--Steve

--
Steve Garfield
http://SteveGarfield.com