    Posted by: "Mark Westin" [EMAIL PROTECTED] throbbingcow
    Date: Tue Jan 2, 2007 1:04 pm ((PST))

Hi folks -

I'm more of a content guy than a tech guy, so I hope some of you with
tech expertise can explain something to me.  I'm working on building a
vlog for a friend, trying to write the code myself and learn by doing.
 We're trying to figure out a player that can be embedded on other
people's sites, as opposed to just putting a link or a screen capture
image there.

I use blip now, and I know we could also go with YouTube or any number
of others, but then when people watch the videos, the site whose
player it is gets credit for the traffic.  We'd like to be able to get
the traffic when people watch our video, wherever it ends up.

I also know bandwidth will get expensive, but put that part aside for
the moment.  Is it possible within reasonable time and expense to
build an embedded player that brings the traffic back to my site, no
matter where the player ends up?

(and as I said, I'm still not much of a tech guy, so if I've phrased
anything incorrectly, please let me know and I won't be
offended.)
Thanks,
Mark