Rhett,
I envision you reading this as a statement from behind a podium.

What if we all made solid articulate speeches, in a standard,
'mainstream' media environment. It should be easy for us to put
together a podium and some decent lighting to at least replicate a
'mainstream' standard of broadcast.

A statement like this, Rhett, read in a professional manner,
accompanied by a bunch of others, could be a nice personal statement
of our capability, our vision and our values.

Personal statements are very important. I did a piece last year that
made a national impact on the attempted destruction of Social
Security. Right after this there was a rush to "put a human face "on
Social Security. Check it out: http://www.dailykos.com/story/
2005/2/21/4231/23967 . The issue was dead in 3 weeks.

Personal appeals for fairness from the Person of the Year vs. de-
regulation for corporate interests and other for profit legislation.
The PR matchup looks good on paper.

Of course it could be terribly boring, but we are all right here on
the cutting edge of this medium. We know what it's all about. Perhaps
this could be our play to be 'experts'.

I haven't been that politically active, as I've been trying to start
and maintain a business, but I do know that regular old people need
to hear from the people on this list.

My township council meeting last night glossed right over the 'local
control of cable' fiasco that the corporate media are pushing here in
Michigan. It was little more than half a sentence from the council
member that attended a meeting.

This is great stuff, Rhett. I am sure you could deliver it with
passion and conviction. We all could. If that were played side by
side with the shuck and jive of a media cartel CEO Net Neutrality
would be a slam dunk.

Maybe my councilman could have googled a video that told  a different
story about Net Neutrality and the attempted stamping out of an open
and free internet by corporate interests

I know that I am conflating only semi-related issues, but they have
the same core.

blah, blah, blah

Cheers,

Ron Watson