On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Been following this post. Fascinating stuff. Sull, Jay, Mike H,
> Enric... and everyone who's posted you all rock!
>
> I'm so glad we're getting beyond the knee jerk reaction and into the
> nitty gritty.
>
> I read every single comment in both threads... something like 140
> comments. Riveting.

What about a hotline, just like this that follows the practices of
web media distribution? Or a watchdog group.

The action, reaction on this list was amazing:

Problem announced
action
reaction.

A flurry of action and our megaphone's power clicked on. A hundred
little videoblogs turned into a network.

If our emails trickled in over the course of, say, several months,
what would the reaction have been?

In the battle against corporate media and communications giants, this
instant chorus from a million voices from a million places, is
probably citizen media's lone advantage. Maybe we should think about
nurturing, learning about and harness that ability.

Or is it working fine?

Is the distributed nature of our reaction the way things should operate?

It sure worked well here.

Cheers,

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv