And, of course, blip has a full API (actually three of them) that should
work well for doing just this.  You can check out http://wiki.blip.tv/
(username and password in the prompt) for more info on all three.

The basic breakdown is: We've got a really simple REST-based API which
lets you do things like upload and download with minimal hassle.  We've
got a super-advanced REST-based API which lets you do fine-grained
monitoring of transcode progress, thumbnailing, "workflow status" and
all sorts of nifty toys that we built with Turner Broadcasting.  We've
got an API based on open standards like JSON and RSS that lets you do
many things on the display side.

And, of course, we'd love to hear what you'd like to change about blip
to make it "more like flickr."  Some of the changes may be outside our
focus in terms of how we need to build our business, but there may be
little things we can do that would have a big impact in how you use
blip.

Yours,

Mike