What an excellent idea you have Ray.

  Chris

"R. Kristiansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hey all,

Since I started videoblogging, I have had this mantra about focusing on "the
audience of ten". To treat the audience of my videoblog as a circle of
friends. Friends I would want to show what's going on in my life at the
point. I have had this mantra because I, for instance, did not want to get
lost in some numbers-increasing schemes.

My question to you is: What amount of subscribers do you feel "comfortable"
with?

Of course, if you make a Show (insert sarcastic tone here), you only want
more and more subscribers. But if you make a so-called personal videoblog,
suddenly having 3000 subscribers might be a very scary thing.

Me, I know that the amount of people who have technically subscribed to my
feed is about 120. I must admit that even that number makes me feel the
goosebumps sometimes. (Ok, I have a history of receiving nasty emails
referring to videos I made as well, so I guess my personal paranoia is
linked to that).

If you are an individual who just make videos because you want to connect
with others - do you sometimes feel that someone invide your privacy? If
they leave nasty comments?

Of course, many of the same issues dealing with text blogging or the
internet itself applies to the videoblog. Things like: "If you don't want
certain people to find it, don't put it out there". That's simple. But
still, we want to connect. Reach out.

Am I nuts for feeling uncomfortable about the anonymous people lurking,
watching my videos of ____________? Or does anyone else feel the same?

Does this sort of paranoia lead to many of us posting less personal stuff
and more often going for the more "safe" forms of videoblogging?S

What do you think?

Best,

Raymond M. Kristiansen,
Copenhagen