Mike, I think the point of  a UMPC is to replace your laptop, eventually.  I
mean, for $800 - $1200 you'll be able to buy a UMPC that really does come
close to doing that.  I agree, having Word or Excel in your pocket is only
useful in transferring docs from one point to another and any thumb drive
can do that.  However, I actually have an excel spreadsheet that I keep on
my palm that I use 2-3 times per week (lists names/contact info of people I
need when I'm on the go), so perhaps there is a slight usefulness therein.

A real UMPC is like a mini Tablet PC and there's a real need for that.
However, the N800 lacks a lot to be called a real UMPC.  I wish I knew more
about the camera capabilities of these devices.  I covet a device I could
use as a camera that could run Premiere for editing on the fly.  I know the
N93 allows for shooting and editing, but is the quality great or merely good
and does that really matter anyway?

I have to admit that the fact that I could drop a UMPC in my purse factors a
bit in my covetousness.

Robyn