On 1/30/07, Jan McLaughlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Josh, I think you and some others here are able to articulate specific
> arguments against contests in ways folks can understand. I'm not up to the
> task.

Ditto Josh!

> Competing against one another doesn't cut it any more - not in a community
> like this. Either everyone who wants to win will win, or I want no part of
> it - as with the Vloggies and anything else that pits us against one
> another.
>
> Competition extrapolated gets us to violence and violence is not cool.
> Competition is a dangerous mindset promoted constantly in the MSM and I'm
> fighting back against shows that glamorize, "You're fired!" and
> ruthlessness.

Jan,

You're fired!  I'm firing you from the vlogosphere. :)

Sorry, but there isn't enough room for everyone here at vloglandia.

We're going to have to sell some of you kids to science... or ummm, let you go.

We're going to be moving a lot of the general vlogging to Malaysia and China.

:)

But seriously, I've always liked that your so focused on collaboration
and not competition.

-Mike