From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of johnleeke
Sent: 02 February 2007 16:34
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: What Would you do?

> Like mine, there's no way I could go across the Atlantic to tell the
> story of the Highlanders across there on my own dime.

I, for one, would very much like to hear this story.

Why are the Atlantic and the travel dollars keeping you from telling
it? Just start telling, with the resources you have in hand right now.
You can always revise, update and add to the story. Make it a
serialized story, everyone is already used to vlogging with repeated
installments. Your first installment is the dream, where does this
dream come from, who are the Highlanders, who are your Highlanders?
Tell your story backwards, starting with you and your dream, working
backward in time step-by-step, working geographically toward the
Highland, eventually you'll get to making the travel installments.

If you need material shot over there, make some friends over there
(via the low-cost internet?) and have them shoot it for you (they have
no camera? loan them yours. You have no camera? Ask for one, I bet
there's more than one of us on this list who has an old retired cam
that still works and is just collecting dust. convince us it's worth
sending it to you, by starting a story that is so compelling we will
do anything we can to hear the rest of the story.)

So, what's the story?

John (still hoping to get to Shropshire and dig up my own past) Leeke