Thanks Kent.

We will get right on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Kent Nichols" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:37:16
To:videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [videoblogging] Myspace Will Censor You

Cross Posted: http://www.askaninj: <http://www.askaninja.com/node/2836>
a.com/node/2836
 <http://www.askaninj: <http://www.askaninja.com/node/2836> a.com/node/2836>

 Let me start off by saying we love all of our friends and fans that
 we've made through Myspace.

 But sometimes Myspace the company does some gross stuff that violates
 the spirit it was created under and the values of the Internet itself.

 Over the last few months there has been a lot of debate over Net
 Neutrality, which basically boils down to one company blocking access to
 to another companies servers in order to gain a business advantage. This
 debate has usually focused on the companies that charge for bandwidth
 like AT&T, but recently Myspace has pioneered a new form -- blocking
 sites that users link to in their bulletins and profiles.

 Right now if you link to anything at a site like "http://revver:
<http://revver>  . com"
 (remove the spaces) Myspace will delete the link. Try it. That sucks
 right?

 Revver is not the only site. There are dozens of smaller video and
 photo sharing sites that they are doing this to.

 Why should you care?

 Ask A Ninja was created because we were in control of where we posted
 the videos. That's a big deal because if we're forced to put them on
 MySpace video then FOX could take the episodes and make money off of
 them without paying Douglas or me anything. Which isn't fair and takes
 away the incentive to create cool shows for you to watch.

 Why is this against Net Neutrality? Because videos from Myspace Video
 and Youtube are not effected. It's only these smaller, more innovative
 companies that haven't been sold for billions of dollars.

 Here's what you can do:

 Copy this bulletin. Repost it. Blog about it. Make Tom put up a little
 fix it bulletin saying he's sorry.

 Once you've reposted this, send a message to Tom
 (http://myspace.: <http://myspace.com/tomanderson> com/tomanderson) like this
(or even better, write your
 own):

 I'm sending this message to request that MySpace stop blocking videos
 from sites like Revver. Choosing the video-sharing service that is right
 for me is very important and is why you built Myspace. What I like most
 about MySpace is that I can generally do what I want here. I like that
 Myspace is a relatively open platform where I can communicate with my
 friends (and promote my stuff) in all sorts of ways. I feel good about
 sharing videos from Revver because I know they respect copyright and
 look out for independent artists. Please bring back Revver!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: