From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jay dedman
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:35 PM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Vloggercon=BarcampUSA?

On 2/27/07, schlomo rabinowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:schlomo%40gmail.com>
com> wrote:
> There will be plenty of tents for meetups of large groups. We have also
> been talking about having Videoblog Salons or whatever you may call
them...
> places for videobloggers to get together, shoot, upload and generally be
> vloggerconny.
> I keep hearing about how you folks want to camp; I think barcampusa will
> have that room.

Robyn may also be able to give me logistic details. (wifi? reservation of
space?)
I'm sure its what we bring to the table...and how loud we want to be.
I'm down for the camping.

> Remember though: barcampusa is not just about videoblogging. So if you
> want total immersion in JUST videoblogging, then hooking up with
barcampusa
> may not be the right choice.

i hear that we want to merge with the larger web video community...so this
would be the perfect place. we'll attract new people who otherwise would
never come to our events. we can see what others are doing.

> Either way, I've already committed time and energy to the videoblogging
> tract at barcampusa last month. Nothing is in stone, and all can be
mutated
> to fit what we want. (welcome to barcamp!)
> But to bring the point home: barcamp is not just videoblog specific, but
> there will be tents that will basically be pretty darn vloggerconic.

yep...here's the page:
http://www.barcampu
<http://www.barcampusa.org/wiki/index.php?title=Videoblogging>
sa.org/wiki/index.php?title=Videoblogging
if we're all good on putting energy into this event....now we just got to do
it.

What - Barcamp is an un-conference about technology learning, sharing, and
participation.
Who - Anyone interested in technology and creativity. Whilst most people
will be from around the USA we are expecting a large number of people from
overseas as well.
Size - We are expecting 5000+ participants (our location can accommodate
20,000+)
When - August 23-26 2007 (those that buy tickets before May 1 can check in
on Aug 22)
Where - Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Jefferson, Wisconsin, USA - located
about 1 hour from Milwaukee's airport and about 2 hours from Chicago's
O'Hare Airport. (503 N Jackson Ave, Jefferson, WI 53549)

Jay

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman. <http://jaydedman.com> com