Ford are doing a limited run - but not as few as 10 - of
documentaries about how they're rubbish and need to get better.
They're also doing a monthly video podcast of music videos to launch
The Edge (because the world needs another SUV) which presumably won't
run indefinitely.
They highlight that people can subscribe in iTunes.
I'm sure that there are a lot of companies doing this, with limited
runs.
Leesa, maybe you could dig out one or two non-corporate examples to
give people a sense of the power and potential and low-cost - they
might be inspired to do something beyond the usual corpdoc/advert
thing and maybe Do Some Good.  Lives in Focus, maybe, which will run
for a set number of episodes, immediately springs to mind.  Steve
Garfield's Nokia Test Center blog, which is focused and limited (in
that it won't go on for ever, presumably) but useful and a lasting
resource.  And those are just two examples from today's posts on this
forum.
Rupert
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio/