Hey all you videobloggers,

I've been running into several of you here at SXSW -- it's great to
see you again, new city, new conference. Many people are saying to me
"how's the teaching going?" and I'm realizing "Oh, right, at
Vloggercon in June, I was talking about teaching vieoblogging at
Temple University -- so I got known as the videoblogging professor."
Hm.
Yeah, I'm not doing that anymore.

Yes, for those of you who are interested, I taught videoblogging
(officially!) at Temple's film school, and I have all kinds of
resources / my syllabus / my students work online at:
http:/teaching.jensimmons.com/videoblogging
Please feel free to mine that work from those years of my life to help
you in your teaching.... I like seeing the ideas and effort continue
to have a life, even as I no longer place my energies on that.

Instead, I've been creating interactive multimedia projections for
live performance (Violet Fire: a multimedia opera about Nikola Tesla,
and love conjure/blues, a filmic installation of the performance/novel
by Sharon Bridgforth), and researching / shooting for new film (a
feature-length experimental documentary about english colonialism /
societal trauma, the personal impacts / injuries in our lives, and the
possibilities for healing).

To pay the bills, I've expanded my freelancing life into a business
with a name, and launched Milkweed Media Design.
http://milkweedmediadesign.com

SO, if you are looking for a web designer or need some CSS help or
want a fabulous template for your wordpress or blogger blog or could
use some professional coaching for marketing your site... shoot me an
email. I love to create beautiful sites that are beautifully coded as
well. I hand-code everything using webstandards / strict xhtml / css
positioning (if you know what that is). I've been part of the
videoblogging community since late 2004 / early 2005... have lots of
experience explaining complex technology to people who previously had
never heard of it (and do for my clients all the time)... I'm a
filmmaker who's used the internet to distribute films since 2000.... I
built my first website in 1997. I wrote my first computer program in
1982 (go BASIC and Turbo Pascal). I designed my first poster (of like
800 print design things) in 1989. And mostly, you can just go look at
my work at the Milkweed website.... And by hiring Milkweed, you are
helping to support an artist to create her own work, while getting her
to help you create yours.

Ok, enough self-promotion. Thanks for listening,
and see some of you today and tomorrow at SXSW... and the rest of you online.

Jen

Jen Simmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jensimmons.com