I echo all these points put forth by Adrian and Brook and Rupert.  I'm
often approached by filmmakers in my department (I'm a grad student in
film) who are curious and interested in videoblogging, but lack the
skills and time to devote to getting one up and running, and then
maintaining it, especially while working on films for theatrical or
festival release.  I'm certainly neglecting my vlog while I finish a
longer-form film.

But there have certainly been some to make the leap--and I'll mention
in particular one by fellow grad student Alexis Bravos here at the
Univ. Of Iowa:  http://www.postcardinwinter.blogspot.com/

Leighton Pierce, faculty in my department and a wonderful videomaker,
has also created mobile versions of his work for iPod viewing on his
website:  http://leightonpierce.com (check these out!)

But I'd like to add that for many filmmakers, especially of the
experimental/fine art sort, the web still has an aura of lowbrow,
opiate of the masses, low art type content, a space that television
has occupied for a long time.  As has been mentioned, I think many
filmmakers fear losing respect or prestige or pride or whatever by
placing in their work in the same venue as Jackass style YouTube
videos and posts about kittens and puppies and whatnot (although I'm
personally addicted to both).

And there's always the concern that listing web video on your dossier
simply doesn't hold the same weight as a festival screening or
theatrical premiere.  The professional/academic film worlds haven't
quite caught up with the possibilities of the web, so festival and
curated screenings generally still hold far more prestige than
anything that can happen on the web.

This is changing somewhat, now, but, like so many things outside of
the web, the process is slow-going.

That's my coupla cents.

Jen