Steve,

The fever pitch, in a lot of ways, is already here, and it has been for a
while.  Plenty of so-called "green" products are coopting the marketing of
"greenness" for the purpose of selling but are not green in and of
themselves.  I actually think things have gotten better as people are
starting to take a "show me the money" attitude.

Also, the USDOE has plenty of figures refuting that argument about solar
panels, and not all biofuels are bad.  ;)

--
Rhett.
http://www.weatherlight.com/greentime