Funny, I was looking at SMIL a bit a few days ago, because this N95
supports it, and I hadnt realised that its used in Multimedia message
stuff on mobiles.

Seems like Real Player is better for SMIL than quicktime, in that it
supports version 2. I havent paid much attention to Real Player for
years because I dont take it seriously on the desktop anymore, but on
this N95 its providing the mpeg4 and h264 playback.

Hmmm, this stuff is depressingly underevolved, same as SVG. And again
SVG seems healthiest on the mobile, where SVG-Tiny is actually being
used for real world stuff.

So Id really like to use this stuff, but Im depressed by the state of
the tools. Flash being used to render SMIL, filling the gap whilst
waiting for better support in browsers etc, does sound like a nice
option. A full implementation sounds like a lot of work but something
that could provide a few different things, would be a good start.
Bugs, clickable URL's, and fancy related videos at the end, all sound
like useful things to start with, although Im personally not quite
sure how sought-after the youtube stuff is, whether theres a need to
compete with it, maybe there is. I guess its something that 'networks'
of net video might be interested in, if you embed your video in your
blog and at the end it gives links to other shows on that 'netowrk'
and stuff like that?

Cheers

Steve Elbows

-- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, sull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> regarding vpip, smil, rss and hyperlinks....
> that recipe was tried last year on a prototype site i had tossed up for
> experimenting.
>
> http://vlogwall.com/vodcasts
>
> doesnt work great though.
>
> I have been trying to get Jeroen to have his flash player understand
SMIL in