Steve,

Got something that is OK looking but deinterlacing is part of the equation so
there's a loss
of quality.

I had the same jagged-edge problems today when I used the camcorder for Skype
via
Splitcam. It was fixed by setting Splitcam to deinterlace.

I'm wondering whether a preset on the camera itself has been changed
inadvertently, or
whether the Fireware/DV drivers on my computer have gone awry.

All this on top of the great format quandary to make something that works on
both iPods
and Apple TV!!!!

Waz