> I'm not going to write too much except to highlight what I was talking about
>  in my last email.  It's difficult to deal with someone that would rather
>  make personal attacks than to actually respond to the encyclopedic reasoning
>  for my edits.

yeah...lets keep personal attacks out of this.
id like to explore the encyclopedic reasoning.

>  I never nominated the Video blog article for deletion though I did initially
>  vote in favour of deletion after it was nominated because I agreed with the
>  reasoning.  That was until I decided to do a clean up of the article and
>  source the definition.  In the end, the voting result was to keep the
>  article.
>  This was the initial reason for deleting it:
>  "Vlog, again a real phenomenon, but neologistic with an entry that does not
>  support the general acceptance of the term. Article currently consists of a
>  series of admitted dictionary definitions, followed by a timeline that does
>  not assert the term itself is in use, followed by a genre list that consists
>  of original research. Anything worth keeping can probably be merged to web
>  syndication."

remember too that this deletion was proposed a while ago...when
videoblogging was still really underground. I think by now...few
people could say that a Videoblog was not an artform in itself.
lets put this to rest.

>  It's unfortunate that these are pretty much the same problems that still
>  plague the article.  However, we've been making progress on the article
>  since this group discussion has started and I think that if you were to
>  start contributing again and assume good faith that we can get back to the
>  issues on the article's talk page continue to improve the content.

so before we move on, Id like to get your take on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_fan_productions
Is this page valid to you?
it has no mainstream citations, but seems neutral, valid, and is
extremely useful.
would you delete this page?

I think if anything, we could at least document the debate...that i
think we can agree on.
Patrick, id like to see what you're contributing to the article. we
got to start somewhere.

Jay

--
Here I am....