Well I wasnt happy to see this group and things said in it being used
as evidence by both sides to argue their case, should have stuck to
the actual wikipedia issues.

Anyway the call for a ban has now been removed, I believe it was
considered to be a personal dispute and the wrong thing was being
called for .

The last post that was made before it was deleted seemed to sum things
up quite well, its broadly the same opinion as I have formed myself:

"===Comments after looking at the evidence===
-       Being sensitive to your concerns I have to ask you guys from
groups.yahoo.com/vlogging - have you read policy documents before
coming to CSN? First off if members of the yahoo group are working to
support each other this is a breach of WP:MEAT and a serious one -
[[WP:SPA|Single purpose accounts]] are not encouraged. Second although
Pdelongchamp didn't mention it there is a possible [[WP:COI]] problem
here - authors or those associated with them should ''not'' be adding
their books to wikipedia - this site is not for self promotion. <br />
-       I haven't seen one reason to block Pdelongchamp. The diff I see
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Video_blog&diff=next&oldid=106060604
here] is an example of proper editing practice - removal of
[[WP:NOR|original research]]. The only issue I could have with
Pdelongchamp is their slight [[WP:AGF|lack of AGF]] but this is not a
blocking offence. I do think Pdelongchamp deleted too many external
links from this version
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Video_blog&oldid=104826246]
- I would have deleted 80% of them and kept "Citizens do media for
themselves, BBC Technology" "TV Stardom on $20 a Day, New York Times"
'Vlogger (noun): Blogger With Video Camera, The Wallstreet Journal" &
"The next big thing: vlogging, Times Online, UK" - but only if they
were worked into the article. As far as I can see there is no malicous
intent from, no wrong doing by and no need for sanction against
Pdelongchamp. However I do think there should have been more of a
compromise on both sides. Mmeiser was trying to improve the article,
he was going about it wrong but the edits seem to be good faith<br />
Mmeiser & the vloggers, you should have [[WP:RFC|requested comment]]
in order to build a [[WP:CONSENSUS|consensus]] on the talk page or in
the very least Mmeiser should have taken [[User:Adrian_M._H.]] advice
and [[Wikipedia:Content_forking#Temporary_subpages|created temporary
page]] in their userspace. [[User:Adrian_M._H.]] has made a trojan
effort to mediate between Pdelongchamp and Mmeiser I recommend that
this block request be withdrawn and Adrian_M._H's advice taken
forthwith. As an uninvolved party I would be happy to host a temp
rewrite page in my userspace if this is of assitance to both
sides--[[User:Cailil|<font color="grey" size="2">'''Cailil'''</font>]]
01:27, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
-       PS there was an edit conflict haven't seen Pdelongchamp's post
yet--[[User:Cailil|<font color="grey" size="2">'''Cailil'''</font>]]
01:27, 4 May 2007 (UTC)

I take particular note of their points about meatpuppets and conflicts
of interest. Had everyone from the group steamed onto wikipedia and
acted as some asked, this would have been a far more serious violation
of wikipedia than any of the editing thats ever been done to the
vlogging page by anybody.

Anyway Im mostly interested in the articles, not people being
punished, so lets hope everything can calm down now, the wikipedia
entry can be useful but restrained, and otehr wikis can be a place for
more detail that doesnt meet wikipedias requirements.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Community_sanction_noticeboard#Evidence_against_Pdelongchamp

> [...]
> > oh human nature, if only we could evolve ye significantly in a
lifetime.

> > Cheers
> >
> > Steve Elbows
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kary Rogers <kr@> wrote:
> > >
> > > As someone who's
> > > - new, as in, been a member of the list a few months
> > > - still trying to figure out many aspects of videoblogging
> > > - only exposure to the wiki entry issue has been on this email list
> > > this is how is seems to me.
> > >
> > > People who have defined and shaped videoblogging are the most
> > > qualified people to contribute to the wiki.  Things that have been
> > > added and then deleted were verifiable for the contributor because
> > > they were there when it happened.  They were and are part of the
ever-
> > > changing videoblogging landscape.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, this isn't good enough according to Wikipedia policy.
> > > Ruperthowe described the problem on the talk page: "I guarantee you
> > > that you will not find one single mention of this in the Main stream
> > > media, but that does not mean it does not exist as a real issue -
> > > online sources such as the Yahoo Group discussion cited are clearly
> > > the most authoritative and widely discussed background material for
> > > this kind of item"
> > >
> > > David Howell asks : "No original research? Why not?" And then "Why
> > > use "new media" to define "new media" with a requirement that the
> > > validation come from "old media."
> > >
> > > This is the problem.  People are adding content that they know to be
> > > true because they are the movers and shakers, yet the content
doesn't
> > > meet the policies of Wikipedia for citation and verifiability.  And
> > > people are really upset at pdelongchamp for enforcing the Wiki
policies.

> > > There seem to be two issues: 1) not agreeing with the policies that
> > > don't allow original research and 2) the manner in which
pdelongchamp
> > > enforces the policies.
> > >
> > > There's not much you can do about #1 except wait for more
> > > "verifiable" sources to emerge or take the game somewhere else
(which
> > > I believe Verdi setup something on pbwiki).  I agree that it doesn't
> > > make much sense to only allow old media to define the faster paced
> > > new media.
> > >
> > > Now #2 is stickier.  I looked over the history page and edits that
> > > pdelongchamp made stated the reason was not being in line with wiki
> > > policy.  It could very well be that he gets his kicks by causing
> > > everyone frustration.  I don't know, I don't know him but if I'm
just
> > > going by what I've seen on here, it doesn't seem that way.  I
> > > understand that many of you know each other and are friends in Real
> > > Life and want to stick by each other.  I've only met three other
> > > videobloggers (but I hope to change that in the near future) so
I can
> > > give a fairly objective view on the exchanges here.
pdelongchamp has
> > > been called names and cursed at, yet his responses are
well-measured,
> > > civil and only speak of improving the article according to Wikipedia
> > > policy.  Either he's not quite what people are making him out to be
> > > or he's two-faced and manipulative.
> > >
> > > People are unhappy with Wikipedia's policy and are aiming their
> > > frustration at the person enforcing it.  I think if pdelongchamp
went
> > > away and never came back, there would be someone else to take his
> > > place as "gatekeeper."
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kary Rogers
> > > http://karyhead.com