Hi,

I'm a filmmaker from Juneau, Alaska and heard about this group through
Jay and Irina.  I hope this is the proper place to introduce myself..
if not, please just ignore me as I stagger around blindly bumping into
your furniture.

------

I started a small media firm about five years ago and this past year
my business partner/friend and I decided to jettison our clients in
favor of lower paying, more personally gratifying, creative work.

My main project is akrobotics.com where our short films are hosted and
the side car is jumpsociety.com, a film club for local filmmakers.  At
this point we're just trying to develop our skills and find a niche on
the internet while building up our local film community.

Most of our films are under a Creative Commons license and we've been
posting our work to YouTube (http://youtube.com/AlaskaRobotics) and
have a Democracy feed... or is that Miro?  I'm not so much a fan of
the new name.

I've also been teaching a class at the Yaakoosge Alternative High
School on digital video and have been encouraging the students to
create video journals using YouTube heavily as a teaching and
publishing tool.  The students have been responding to You Choose
political candidates, making recycling PSAs and are currently working
to finish up some short documentaries.  The goal of the class is to
show them how digital video and technology can be used as a medium to
express themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/group/yaakoosge

Aside from making short films I like to play soccer, read comics,
draw, listen to music, eat, sleep, and hunt for adventure.

All my best,
Pat Race